We developed a product strategy and a multi-phase plan of product launches for a beverages manufacturer
Client’s ambition was to become 1B$ company within next 5 to 10 years through obtaining meaningful positions in selected soft-drinks categories. Significant investments have been made in a plant with a capacity equal to the total national capacity of a dominant international soft-drinks producer. Market is showing double digit growth, but competition is tough with Top-2 players consolidating up to 90% market share, depending on the category. Margins are relatively high, but have to be carefully managed through product and packaging mix. Strong branding is critical. Client needed to develop product strategy that would allow the company to get into competitive position and differentiate from market leaders.
Product portfolio strategy developed with clear recommendations on:
• Categories prioritization
• Target product concepts and differentiation points for each category against market leaders
• Target market share
• Target packaging mix and its phasing for the next 3 years
Required ATL and BTL support level. A comprehensive DCF model was developed, allowing for an evaluation of different scenarios of business development i.e. sales model, product mix, packaging mix, ATL support level.
• Full management and board members buy-in of the proposed plan
• Next year budget largely based on the proposed plan
• 2 new product ranges prepared for launching in accordance with recommendations