We have developed practical recommendations on growth opportunities and management system effectiveness for Russian fine arts museums
One of the state organizations in art and culture segment required support in museum institutions management best practices study and effectiveness increase approach. The goal was to develop the new management system and mechanics for the core functions and develop the educational program for the museums’ leadership.
MCG team have performed analysis of Russian and international best practices of museum management in following segments:
• Sources of financing and monetization;
• Infrastructure management and maintenance;
• Visitors attraction mechanics;
• Human resource management;
• Visitors experience management;
• Professional community cooperation;
• Cost management;
• Technology and innovations implementation.
On the next step consultants have prioritized museum management best practice and instruments and localized them to fit Russian museum sector specifics. Then, MCG team developed set of recommendations and process maps for museum management in each functional sphere and designed detailed educational program for Russian museum leadership.